F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHO THE TRUSTEES ARE ? IS THERE A WEBSITE

HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHO THE TRUSTEES ARE FOR SETTLMENT? IS THERE A WEBSITE LIKE WHEN YOU ARE LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON A COMPANY OR A CHARITY?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Anyone can get a copy of a will that been admitted to probate by making an application to the probate registry. However before that, there is no central registration of wills or trust. There is also no central registration of trusts either before or after.

There have been many attempts to get these done over the years but they have all failed due to a lack of cooperation from participants. It would be a fantastic idea of the was a central register because it would prevent people having to make copious searches to try to find a missing will for example.

If you can let me have more details circumstances I may be able to answer further.

Can I clarify anything for you? Please do not forget to rate the service positive. It’s an important part of the process by which experts get paid. We can still exchange emails.

Best wishes.

FES