chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am a Swedish citizen living in New Zealand with a

Customer Question

I am a Swedish citizen living in New Zealand with a permanent returning visa. My Swedish passport expires on the 20 of Sept 2016, I want to travel to UK arriving at Heathrow on Aug 07 2016 and departing 19 Sept 2016.
The purpose of my visit is to visit family and to renew my passport at the Swedish Embassy in London. Will I encounter any problems at the border with only 6 weeks left on my passport.
Sore Berger
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.

Swedish Citizens are not required to obtain a visa to visit the UK as Sweden is an EU Member state.

Generally, when obtaining a visa, your passport needs to have at least 6 months remaining on it in order for the visa to be issued.

In your case, I am of the opinion that you should not have a problem entering the UK.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,