12826847

My partner is currently on bail harassing s ex partner under

Hi, my partner is currently on bail for allegedly harassing his ex partner under section 4 of harassment. I have made a statement confirming when he was allegedly harassing her he was with me the whole time. He is on bail until the 7th July. He had a solicitor on the day when he was arrested and bailed. Will he need to speak to the solicitor again between now and his bail date?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, not usually.

It is rare that solicitors would do that as legal aid is not in place and there is generally no point because the Crown haven't served any papers so there is nothing meaninful that can be discussed that will advance the case.

Sorry you are in this position. Some women just use the police to get revenge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great thank you. Whilst he has been on bail she has been making contact with him regularly which in my eyes proves she is not scared for her safety etc. When he returns to the station on the 7th is there anything he will need to do to prepare?
ThanksLeah
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, of course she isn't. There is not much genuine abuse in the UK.

Keep a note of the contact and use it against her at court.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from now until his bail date should he just carry on as normal, there is no need to speak to the solicitor is that correct? And any contact made from her just keep a record to show in court? One other question when he goes back on the 7th to report to the station what exactly will happen?
Thank you so much for your help.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, spot on. Keep a note of everything and don't respond. That will wind her up even more as these accusers only do it for attention.

On the 7th he will either be charged, NFAed or rebailed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perfect lastly, if for example they charged him, would he be taken straight to prison or would he be given a court date? I'm sorry about all the questions I'm just not sure how it works.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Oh no they will bail him.

It will all turn into a S2 harassment anyway.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fantastic thank you for all your help!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem. All the best. Please remember to rate my answer.