12826847

On 17th March last, I submitted a claim expenses £1000 to my

Customer Question

On 17th March last, I submitted a claim for medical expenses for over £1000 to my travel insurance company, since when they have failed even to acknowledge safe receipt of my claim and documentation sent recorded delivery, despite me having exchanged over 40 emails in the past 3 months.
Finally, yesterday I received the first email relating directly to my claim in which they demand that before 'proceeding' with my claim I must send them a cheque for £75 policy excess .
I have no wish to make this payment in advance as after 3 months of ignoring my claim, I no longer trust them and the excess is normally deducted from the final settlement cheque.
I am unsure of what I should do and seek your advice as I am a 76 year old pensioner and desperately need to have this large sum paid without further delays.
Thank you *****
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Does it say in their terms that you have to send them £75 for them to consider the claim?