12826847

I was verbally abused by a barmaid in a pub, who was rude to

I was verbally abused by a barmaid in a pub, who was rude to me and told me l was not talking correctly to my friend , and that l should not talk to him that way. I told her to mind her own business and NOT tell me how to hold a co versationwith my friend. She then accused me of talking too loud , which my friend and other witnesses disagreed with. She then told me that she knew l had a hearing problem and that if l did not talk quieter l would be asked to leave . I argued back telling her that she had no right to talk to me in the way that she did and never to discuss my disability. She kept telling me that l must talk quieter or l would be barred. She barred me . I complained to the managers wife and she , despite being told that l had three witnesses , took sides with the barmaid.
A letter to the brewery HQ complaints dept , was answered curtly , telling me that the managers had the right to bar who they liked without giving a reason. But they did not mention the disability discrimination , nor did they respond to any other complaints l forwarded regarding criminal acts by the staff. ( perverting the course of justice , regarding an assault on another disabled customer.
Where do l go now?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What are you hoping to do about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want the barmaid to be reprimanded and or fired , and the brewery to acknowledge that the treatment by her and the lack of care by the management was unjust and illegal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Their attitude was contrary to my human rights , disability rights and consumer rights.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I'm really sorry but that is not realistic I'm afraid.

They are entitled to bar people for any reason they choose. This is not disability discrimination I'm afraid. It is certainly not perverting the course of justice.

Come what may, her employers have upheld her version of events and they are entitled to do that. One side is always believed over another in any dispute.

At the very highest point, she was rude to you. That is obviously something she shouldn't be doing but it is not actionable in law.

I'm very sorry but there just isn't a cause of action here even if the brewery had accepted your compliant.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I'm afraid your humans rights were not affected here and neither really were your consumer rights.

I'm also unable to see a disability discrimination issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I give up.