Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My ex partner wont cooperate and take name off housing

My ex partner wont cooperate and take name off housing tenancy,,has never lived here,,am now wanting an exchange cause of trouble with neighbours but cant cause his name on tenancy. Cant really afford to take him to court,,and all council are saying is they dont get involved.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm what kind of tenancy you have?

Are/were you married to him?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not married,,doesn't say on tenancy what sort,,just says this tenancy is not an assured short hold tenancy.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. You will need to confirm what kind of tenancy you have. Usually if it is a council tenancy that you have had for many years it will likely be an assured or secure tenancy.

Unfortunately if he does not agree to it being transferred to your sole name you would need to apply to court for a transfer of tenancy under form D50B and a £155 court fee to your local family court.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you,, is that all it will cost me to do this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

If you are representing yourself then this would be your only fee. If you require legal representation legal fees will be on top.