Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

What reponsibility does the bank have if it knows that a

Customer Question

what reponsibility does the bank have if it knows that a customer is breaking terms and conditions whether knowingly or unknowingly
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Most commercial contracts contain a non waiver or indulgence clause. This means even if you do breach the terms and conditions of the bank and they indulge the breach you are still liable under the rest of the agreement. However as this is a consumer banking relationship the rules are slightly different, for example the bank cannot treat you unfairly or deliberately lead you to believe or rely on facts that they reneged. Do you have any facts around the conduct of the bank? Kind regards AJ