29905560

I am an employer and proceedings have been issued against my

I am an employer and proceedings have been issued against my company and a hearing date sent. I am unable to attend the hearing would i be able to send another employee as a representative of the court? what prior permission would they require?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Has an employee issued proceedings against your company?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no its a civil claim in the small claims court

OK thank you. Please can you briefly outline details of the claim. I will then review the relevant information and laws and get back to you later today. Please do not respond to this message after you have provided the information as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i am a business and another business is sueing me for breach of contract however i am disputing this claim. My employee has completed all documents in regards ***** ***** hearing and as i have no time to attend i was hoping that my employee could attend on behalf of my company.

Thank you for your response. As this is not my area, I will opt out for another expert. Thanks

Hi, thinking about this a bit more actually, are you appearing as a formal witness? How has your name been mentioned in court documentation so far?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The company's name has been used and the employee's name has been given on the statement and directions questionnaire.

ok in that case there should be no issue. As far as the court is concerned they do not even know about you - you may be the owner of the company but that does not mean that you are formally required to attend. The claim is against the company, therefore it will be legally responsible by itself. Any agent or representative of the company can attend to be 'the face' of the company and that could be anyone as long as they are nominated by the company. So if you are happy for the employee to attend then they are free to do so as the company's representative and no specific permission is required. The only time permission would be required is if they are going to act as an official witness and provide a witness statement, but have not been nominated as one and their evidence had not been disclosed to the other party, however that does not appear to be the case here.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'