29905560

What is the cooling off or cancellation period food stuffs (

what is the cooling off or cancellation period for selling food stuffs ( confectionery) via direct selling methods ie door to door catalogue ?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Please can you provide a brief background on the nature of your query? Also, are you the trader or the consumer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i want to sell sweets ( consumable foodstuff) via a door a door catalogue then deliver a week later I am the seller /trader
I know under EU law its 14 days on non foodstuffs
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you later today. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

A consumer’s rights in this situation are mainly determined by the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. These Regulations apply to contracts for sales conducted on the trader’s business premises, off the trader’s premises (e.g. at the consumer’s home) and at a distance (e.g. online).

The Regulations will not apply to contracts for the supply of foodstuffs, beverages or other goods intended for current consumption in the household and which are supplied by a trader on frequent and regular rounds to the consumer’s home, residence or workplace.

In terms of cancellation rights, these only apply to off-premises and distance contracts. The statutory cancellation periods are as follows:

· Services – 14 days after the day the contract was entered into

· Goods – 14 days after the day the goods came into the physical possession of the consumer

If the consumer decides to exercise their right to cancel the contract, then each party will have separate liabilities:

· Consumer – must return the goods no later than 14 days from the date of notification of cancellation, unless the trader has agreed to collect them; pay the delivery costs unless the trader did not advise them that they would be liable for this at the time the contract was concluded.

· Trader – must reimburse all payments (except delivery charges in excess of the minimum/cheapest delivery costs) within 14 days

So as long as you do not make regular deliveries to your customers and just sell as and when, then you will be covered by the above rules.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excellent service will use again 5 out 5
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome, all the best