12826847

My son was threatened by another pupil today, he stated he

My son was threatened by another pupil today, he stated he was going to stab him.
What can I do?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

How old is he ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My sons that were threatened are 14 and 10 years old and the boy is 14 years old.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Was this in school?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No after school but they were in school uniform. They were walking home. P.s am I getting charged per.question?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

The trouble with this is that at the very highest point it is a S5 public order.

I suppose one could argue it is a S4 although the threat was not immediate.

Either way, it is a low level public order I'm afraid.

You can complain to the police and they will investigate but it is not going to be given priority I'm afraid.

It is more of a complaint for the school than the police. This is to do with the conduct of one of their pupils and they do have anti bullying policies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have called the police and are waiting to hear back and I am.going to the school tomorrow. So a schedule 5 offence is that by police action only? Is there anything I can do legally privately I. E injection or something like that. This child can not get away with doing this. My children are so frightened.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

It is not very likely the police would pursue a S5 public order I'm afraid. There are not many prosecutions arising from S5 any more.

I'm not sure what you were hoping to do privately? This is an unpleasant comment but it doesn't give rise to a claim in law.

At the very highest point it is an issue for the school.

If the police do anything I would expect a youth reprimand or a fixed penalty fine.

it would be different if there had been an attack but this was just a threat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you for your help. I will.persue with the school and go from there.