Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I recently discovered that I have a CCJ which was issued in

Hi, I recently discovered that I have a CCJ which was issued in July 2014. I knew nothing about this and believe that it must be from a personal loan that I defaulted on 9 years ago. Is there any way of getting it taken off my record or appealing?
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

You should have been served with the claim form by the court. It may be that you moved.

However to set aside judgment it is not enough to say that you did not receive the court papers but you must also set out what your defence is to the original claim. If you do not have one then the claim will not be set aside.

If you have no defence you could pay the claim and write to the court explaining that you have never received the papers before and so you have satisfied the debt within a reasonable time of being made aware of it and requesting it should be removed from the record of County Court Judgments.

I there are any further points please reply and I will be happy to respond

Best wishes

Michael