12826847

Is it an offence person in a position of trust, eg. a

Is it an offence for a person in a position of trust, eg. a school-teacher, to have sex with a pupil or student aged 16 or above? If not a legal offence, what are the likely consequences (if it comes to light)?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

If a person is in a position of trust then the age of consent is 18. The law changed in 2003 for breach of trust situations.

I'm afraid there are severe consequences if the matter is prosecuted. It is aggravated by the breach of trust even if a person is giving actual consent.

Sorry if that is bad news.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not bad news. This is for information! But: does "severe consequences" imply being put on the sex offenders register? having a criminal record?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
15/06/2016 11:45
Not bad news. This is for information! But: does "severe consequences" imply being put on the sex offenders register? having a criminal record? (Forgive me if I've sent this before.)