chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Madam I am an Egyptian urology specialist I have applied UK

Dear Sir/ Madam
My name is Ahmed***********, I am an Egyptian urology specialist
I have applied for the UK visa to attend the ceremony of the Royal College of Surgeons as a new member and unfortunately I got a refusal.
Actually what bothered me the most and confused me as well was the reason of refusal which was that I lied about my workplace in Egypt so they gave me a ten years ban period.
This is totally unfair because this is my workplace and I supplied all the needed documents for this and they said that they checked with my workplace, so I asked there if anyone has asked for me lately and the answer was no.
I am a respectable successful surgeon in my country and I wouldn't lie about any piece of information I supplied in my application.
please I need your assistance and guidance regarding this issue... kindly advise as soon as possible as this is so urgent for me and please inform me of what should I do.
Best Regards
Thanks a lot
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.

You say you lied about your workplace.

Please elaborate..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sir...I didn't lie..I said they claimed that I lied ..but of course I didn't lie....I said I work there but they claimed that I lied which is untrue

Have you been given the right to appeal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately not sir

I am afraid that the only way you will now be able to deal with this is by judicial review

This is a lengthy and costly process

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But this is my right...the refusal was unfair...
How lengthy and costly would it be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I have a good chance in winning my case?

It can take up to 6 months and cost several thousand pounds.

UnfortunatelyUK immigration rules have changed substantially and the fact that you do not have the right of appeal means that only a judicial review can provide the result you require.

The rules are clear and any false or misleading information will result in an automatic 10 year ban.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards

I cannot comment on the merits of your case without having sight of all the documentation.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But the point here sir is that I didn't provide any false information....do I have a good case here....? I want to know my chances in winning this case please

I note what you say but the fact of the matter is that you have been given a ban and the only way you can deal with it is by way of judicial review.

I would say you have a 50/50 chance of success.

kind regards