chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My partner was given 3 years visa as right to family life.

Customer Question

My partner was given 3 years visa as right to family life. We lived together for 12 years in which his application was declined 4 times and he finally got 3 years in 2014. Since he got the 3 years he's been a different person. He sleeps out for days without any contact and I have asked him to leave. He has been sleeping away since beggining of May and when he does answer his phone he tells me he doesn't need me. He doesn't come to see the child but in our arguments he mentioned he's got a child in the UK so he can get his leave to remain. Can't believe a man I supported for so many years cause he could not work, can treat me so cold. He hasn't been coming to see the child but in our argument he says he is going to start putting money in my account to evidence he is taking care of the child but no mention of a relationship with the child. This seems like a person with a plan to use the child but not have physical contact with him
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.

What kind of visa was he granted?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 years spouse visa

You can contact the home office and inform them that the relationship had broken down.

This would cause him significant problems when he comes to renew his visa.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will he have problems when renewing cause he's been here 16 years. Will be 17 at the end of the 3 years

Yes. Especially if he currently has a spouse visa.

Unless he is already eligible for indefinite leave to remain.

kind regards