75100385

In November my son received notification of a speeding

In November my son received notification of a speeding violation, he was caught by a laser gun by police on his way to work doing 35mph in a 30 limit.
He is adamant that he was doing around 32 as this is the exact same area the police caught him about a year before doing 37, even then he was sure he wasn't doing that speed but accepted the fine and went to speed awareness.
My son has decided to fight this decision and the case is going to court. The paper work is ready to send and my son has stated not guilty.
We have done some research on laser speeding guns and I've read that they aren't 100% accurate if used through window, my son has filmed the police van in the exact area where he was supposedly caught speeding and the police are in van with all windows closed pointing gun through the glass.
My question is, apart from asking for calibration of said gun including on the day test is there anything else we can ask for or any suggestions on how to deal with this?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Has he entered a not guilty plea yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has papers here he's filling in and yes he has entered not guilty
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. The defences are limited really.

You can only ask for the calibration certificate, proof that the gun is Home Office approved and that the Officer using it has had proper training.

That is all you can do. If they can show all of the above and the Officer says it was your son, then he is likely to be convicted.

It may be that his speedometer is faulty, in which case he needs to get the car checked, if it is showing a faulty reading he would still be guilty, but able to plead special reasons. But he needs a proper report to show its wrong.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I just ask if he has a case of faulty reading if laser used through closed window?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Only if the training says they cant do that or its against manufacturer recommendations.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
It seems as if his chances of winning are not worth the expense it may cause. Perhaps he should've accepted points and fine rather than now escalate it to court as I'm worried he will end up with court costs.
Is there anyway now he can change plea to guilty and avoid court?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If proceedings have been issued, sadly not.

I am sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just one final question
Would it be worth us paying for representation in court?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You can yes, but clearly there would be a cost to that,

Does that help?