75100385

My local council have wish me to sign a criminal resolution

My local council have wish me to sign a criminal resolution form saying I misused a blue badge.
They have no proof that I have, but unfortunately I find it hard to provide proof that I haven't.
The penalty is light-- I'd have to watch a 90 minute video on traffic codes-- but I am unhappy that this would be listed as a criminal conviction and be visible on my Enhanced DBS check and remain there for 11 years.
Though it is only a traffic issue, I am a teacher and anything turning up on a DBS check on me could cause me problems getting employment. I'm totally ready to take the penalty, but I don't want it on my record. Where do I stand? Can I negotiate with them? If they are inflexible and I contested the charge, would the burden of proof be on the Council or on me? Would I have to testify and provide evidence on my behalf?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear its not a caution you are getting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex. No, they want me sign a form tomorrow admitting guilt and it will be a 'criminal resolution'. The penalty is fairly unproblematic- the video I mentioned-- but it's the criminal count that would show up on an enhanced DBS check that I am unhappy about. I have a so-far spotless record and I am an English Language teacher who sometimes teaches youngsters.Though it's a parking offence, anything coming up on a check could give employers second thoughts about employing me in a competitive field.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok then you dont need to worry. its not a caution or conviction, so it wont show on a DBS check.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, that's not what the woman I'm dealing with at the Council tomorrow told me. She said it would turn up on an enhanced DBS check. Perhaps her phrase "resolution" is a soft-soap euphemism for "conviction"? Assuming it is, what can I do? request a caution? I really need a strategy for my conversation with this lady tomorrow before I can be satisfied with this service. Thanks. Jason.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

It shows warnings, reprimands, cautions, convictions. It wont show a 'resolution'.

You need to check to see exactly what you are getting. You dont want a caution, as that will show.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex. Yes, I think so. Thanks. Jason.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Good luck. Alex