75100385

I have just assigned my business lease over to someone who

I have just assigned my business lease over to someone who required it they paid me in full the agreed price but I have now had the landlord of the property phone me and wishes me to give the new tennent Halfe the money back as it was more than I originally gave them when I took the lease over .and are now getting legal advice
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

On what basis does he want you to give money to the tenant? I assume the new tenant purchased it off you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they asked me to purchase the lease and we agreed a price
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok, is there anything in the lease that says it can only be for a certain amount or not more than you paid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is no mention of that in the assignment clause
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - then there is nothing the Landlord can do. To be honest its nothing to do whatsoever with your Landlord. Its between you and the new tenant.

You can tell the Landlord to mind his own business.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex