chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am a uk citizen and have a criminal record a drug charges

Hi, I am a uk citizen and have a criminal record for class a drug charges which date back to 14 years ago. I applied for a u.s visa 8 years ago and was denied entry and was put on their system. I have a direct flight booked as a package deal to cancun where I've been ask to submit my passport details as standard procedure for u.s authorities.
Will I have problems gaining entry?
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.

You may do. If asked the question regarding convictions, you should be honest and Frank with the Mexican authorities.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the Mexican authorities have access from the u.s then?
Even with a direct flight this can still be an issue as I don't touch on the u.s soil?
Is there anyway I can check if I'm clear before flying?

I am not sure if they do is the honest answer.

The only way to check for sure is to apply for a visa to the Mexican embassy.

kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so will this mean that I could get sent back home on the plane when i arrive?
I have been reading various articles where this has happened to people, is this the same as my situation?
Will a Mexican visa garentee me entry and do i have to declare convictions to them to gain the visa?

Yes you could be sent home.

A visa would ensure that you have disclosed all of the relevant information. If the authorities are satisfied, a visa would be issued. If not, it would be refused.

At least you won't be sent home from the port of entry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok many thanks