31090051

Basically I had a employee who stole money from me and that

Hi basically I had a employee who stole money from me and that we went to magistrate court and he was proven not guilty but he was guilty he has told a lot of money . Due to lack of evidence he was not guilty but we gave all the evidence to the police and the police didn't provided .
Please can you advise me what should I do next canary appeal ?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

You can't appeal an acquittal in a criminal case. Depending on what evidence is available however, you could sue the employee for the money in the civil courts as well as seek costs. The standard of proof is lower in a civil case. In a criminal case the evidence has to be beyond all reasonable doubt. In a civil case the the evidence is looked at on a balance of probabilities. Your solicitor will be able to tell you how if there is enough evidence to make a civil case worthwhile. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.