75100385

My partner runs a roofing business. He is having

My partner runs a roofing business. He is having difficulties with a customer over payment for a job. He offered her a reduced price, taking off money for the bit she was unhappy with. The customer got a surveyor out to inspect the roof, and as there were no leaks, she accepted his revised bill, asked for bank details and advised payment would be made in 7 days time. Now she is quibbing over the bill and refusing to pay. My question is, this was all done on my partner's facebook business page and is in message form - is this enough to be considered a contract as he has evidence she has accepted his revised bill?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

For now please let me know how much is owing please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
163;5200 is the amount she agreed to. The original bill was in the region of £7500. We just want to know if she has to pay now that she has accepted his offer via message.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Its a contract. The offer was made and it was accepted
This is a formal contract and if you have a message, that is enough.

So yes, it is binding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's brilliant, thanks for your help Alex!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/