13262538

My mother was left money in her parents will, she recently

Customer Question

My mother was left money in her parents will, she recently died before the money was dispersed, as her heir I thought I would be entitled to the money, however, my Uncle who is the executor said he will now keep the money, there is no clause in my grandparents will specifying this? Is this true?? Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Your Uncle is not correct.

Since your mother survived her parents the inhertance passes to her Estate - and is distributed in accordance with her Will or the Intestacy rules.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much, so as the Executor of her Estate, the money from my grandparents will pass to me! This is what my mother wanted...thanks so very much
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome