Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I own a property with my husband. I am thinking of leaving

Customer Question

I own a property with my husband. I am thinking of leaving and want to know were i stand.
When we bought the property we signed a charge with my mother in law & Father in law.
My Father in law has passed away. My Marriage is breaking down and would like to know were i stand with reguards to the charge if we sell the house.
I have two children were one is still dependent on me.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

The charge would need to be paid off in order for the property to be sold and the net proceeds would then be divided. If there is a dependant child either a minor or in full time education then the need to accommodate that child would be taken into account in the division of the proceeds.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Michael