75100385

I would like to know that if I have a email stating that a

Hi, I would like to know that if I have a email stating that a Refund will be given of everything I have paid is classed as a contract between the two of us. I have asked on numerous occasions if any further payment would be required and they have said no. Now in order to get my refund they are asking for a fee and although this will be paid back I have told them that I cannot raise the amount they asking. I just need to know where I stand or what I can do.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
In regards ***** ***** request, against my better judgement or stupidity I meet someone and they work for the UN and a few months down the line he requested that I wrote to the Admin and request his leave, of which they said I had to pay fees in order to do this.
I asked for information and a break down of the fees of which I have never received and just been told that this is there rules and regulations and protocol. So I have paid them, but at every step they have changed some of the rules without warning and requested more fees. Through certain events that happened I started to wonder if this was real or if I was being conned and he is now back in Lebanon and been charged.
I requested the whole process to be cancelled and requested a Refund of which they stated before that if I was to doe this that I would get back all that I had paid out, but even here they did not mention that I would have to pay a fee in order to get the refund back. They just keep saying that it is the rules and regulations of the "defense section G of defense 10 (i) of the financial and accounting service, but I cannot seem to find this information.
I have explained my situation and that I cannot afford to raise the fee and that I have paid enough and are in debt and they still want more money.
I need to know if I can say that as they have never mentioned a fee would required without warning for my Refund that I will get my money back.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

What was the email address of the person that wanted the fees?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,The person is called Lt.Col. Stultz Jack and the email address is***@******.***.Look forward to hearing from youAllison Riley
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You have been scammed. This is a web based email address and would NEVER be from the UN.

This person does not exist - he/she is a scammer.

The person you are sending the money to is a scammer.

You sadly have lost all your money - you need to report this to the Police asap as this is fraud.

Please see: http://content.met.police.uk/Article/Advance-fee-fraud--paying-money-for-a-promise-of-wealth-419-Fraud/1400010731444/1400010731444

This is called advance fee fraud. I know this is a different type, but its the same thing. You are being asked to pay ip front fees.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for checking for me, would you also check this email address too***@******.***.
When you also mean web based email address can you explain that more so I have all the answers. Can you tell if they are in the uk or not.
Also do I continue to talk to them while I report to the police so that they don't delete the email address.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you clarify that the United Nations would send it on official paper work or would they never ask a Solider's family member to pay for their release.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Again hotmail is be based, the UN would never email from this. I can't tell whether they are in the uk as you can sign up from anywhere in the world.

The Un would NEVER ask for payment for release. Anyone is free to leave ANY employment without charge.

It's a scam, I am sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for getting back to me
So I have all the information and understand everything is there any way of me contacting someone in the UN to see if these are real people or what there policies are.
Would these kind of people get you to ring up there bank to check there balance.
Just struggling to understand everything.
Allison
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

This is a scam, they don't exist or work for the UN. Even so the UN wouldn't tell you, which is why you need to report this to the police today.

I am sorry Allison. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
I am still finding it very hard to understand all this. If what you tell me is true, would they ask me to ring their bank account to get a balance or show me a chest of money that is there's if all this is a scam or is that how they work.
Also so I understand clearly, what are the rules and regulations on a person who has a partner working for the UN and what happens if they request Retirement.
Also if they are deployed do they freeze there bank accounts or can they get access depending on where they are deployed.
I would be most grateful if you can give me some answers to these questions.
Allison Riley
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

It really is a scam Allison - they do not use web based email such as hotmail or gmail. You are not calling their bank, you think you are, but it's another scammer. This is not the UN

Does that clairfy? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for getting back to me. I really do understand what you are saying and I will take your advice on what you tell me.
But I really want to know is: What are the rules for a the partner of a UN soldier and what happens when Leave or retirement is requested. This is the bit that I really need to know the rules and regulations.
If you can let me know the answers to these questions, then I have everything that I need to know.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok, there are no rules whatsoever preventing them leaving.

It's a scam. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that bit I understand but would they have to pay a fee to leave.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

NO! An employer can NOT charge for someone to leave.

THIS IS ILLEGAL.

Pay it if you want, but it is a scam. I have warned you.

Can I clarify anything else?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/