12826847

I recently received a fine for.£100 in a McDonald's car park

Customer Question

I recently received a fine for.£100 for parking in a McDonald's car park for 9hrs on the day in question I called in to the drive through stopping only to pay & collect my coffee
I then left went to work in Winslow after hanging 6 doors I left .on the way home I called in to the same McDonald's stopping only to pay & pick up my order
At no point did I park up
The photo evidence they sent with the demand for £100 clearly shows me in the drive through lane
My project manager e-mailed a Keller explaining that I was at work elsewhere they replied that an eyewitness account was not sufficient evidence,I can provide witnesses to the fact that I was working all day in Winslow
This episode has indirectly caused me to leave my position as site manager as I should have asked permission to use the company vehicle out of company hours.The 1£100 fine was originally sent to the company headquarters which is where they wanted t know who &why someone was using the company vehicle on a Sunday
Please help
Ian
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know if I could sue them for wrongfully accusing me of parking for 9hrs as a result loosing my job
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Surely you left your job?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As a site manager I was responsible for making sure nobody uses a works vehicle out of work time so when I was found using a works van on a Sunday it caused a few problems I was not sacked but was given a warning which in turn led to an atmosphere between myself and my area manager .this was all brought about by the parking people monitoring McDonald's car park I would primarily like advice on how to fight the £100 fine
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. So surely you left your job?