1. Dear *****, you should certainly take the case to a trial and offer evidence as the amount of damages is assessed based on the evidence offered at trial. So you should ensure that the Plaintiff (party suing) has to prove his case and that he doesn't claim for something for which you weren't responsible. This is because there are two things which a Plaintiff must do to prove his case. Firstly, he must show you were liable. Here, you aren't simply liable because the casual labourer crushed his finger in your machine. There must be some element of fault, or something wrong with the machine or a lack of a guard on the machine before you can be held liable. Additionally, the second point is that the Plaintiff casual labourer must show that not only did you crush his finger but all losses flowing from the accident were caused by you. So, you should defend the case as best you can.
2. Please Rate the answer as unless you rate the answer your expert will receive no payment for answering your question.
3. I have tried opening, the images. However, they only partly open. I would suggest that you instead ask a question. This is a question & answer forum. If you want advice on the actual litigation, you should really see a full service law firm and show them the documents.
4. Please Rate the answer if you don't have any follow-on question.
5. I have requested Customer Service to reduce the amount payable on the question.