12826847

I met my wife in 2004, she kept on about getting married to

Customer Question

I met my wife in 2004, she kept on about getting married to which I agreed and we were married in 2007. In 2013 I moved out of her rented property due to her lazy son and got a flat.
Prior to marrying her I had a house in France paid for by me long before I met her, I have pensions worth about £220000.00 which I have used to purchase my business property, this again I had when I sold my shares in my last business long before I met her.
We have been separated since 2013, what is my wife entitled to from me.
She was a solicitor but left the profession because she said she was not interested in law.
She worked doing my accounts for a short time but left. I don't know what she does now.
Is she automatically entitled to half of everything even though she has paid absolutely nothing into the marriage.
I also cleared her debts of £16000.00 when she told me after we were married that she had credit card debts.
Rgds John
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is the value of the assets that you have and what income do you have?