75100385

My ex wife had an incedent 3 weeks ago where she was walking

My ex wife had an incedent 3 weeks ago where she was walking her 2 dogs off the lead and one of them attacked another dog. In the meantime another man began to threaten her with physical violence. She wanted to press charges against him for this. The local police force "advised" her Not To. As he was known for violence to the police. She was also told "She shouldn't walk along 2 streets in her home town as he could attack her. Am I correct in thinking this is an infringement of her human rights and freedom of movement? As both myself and her son live on one of the named streets. I am planning to have a face to face interview with the officers involved and the superior officer I can get hold of to get this sorted out. Also she is a community Nurse who by nature of her job may have to visit a patient on either of these streets. I would appreciate it if you could give me a Legal Standpoint and do you think an infringement has occured? Many thanks in advance.
Expert:  Ash replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry I can't afford £38 as I'm unemployed. BUT I'M NOT TRYING TO PERSUE FOR MONEY. I want the guy who threatened my ex wife to be held accountable for his actions and locked up for his behaviour. My ex wife was So Scared by him she started having panic attacks and found herself physically unable to go out for 3 days.
Expert:  Ash replied 7 months ago.

Thats ok - I wondered if you wanted a phone call.

The Police can prosecute, you can make a statement. They will consider the evidence and prosecute where necessary.

He wont necessarily be locked up, but could certainly be prosecuted. She can also sue him for loss, damage and compensation.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am angry at the local police force for as I see it dodging the bullet. Telling her not to go along the named streets. She is now in jeopardy of losing her carrer of nearly 30 years because of this. Is an infringement of her human rights been made by denying her access to certain streets just incase this scum bag attacks her? There are no damages being brought against him. The police seem to want the easy way out by not bringing charges against him for his threatening behaviour towards her. But if I went and threatened him I would be arrested and prosecuted for it wouldn't I?
Expert:  Ash replied 7 months ago.

Yes I agree. They cant stop her making a complaint.

You would be prosecuted if you threatened him - but she should insist on making a complaint and having it considered.

If necessary she can go to the Chief Constable.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He is 6'2" my ex wife only 5'7" and very slight built.
So in your opinion do you think we should get in and see the Chief Constable and have it out with him over this total SHAM OF JUSTICE?
Expert:  Ash replied 7 months ago.

Yes I would do so.

If not then you can seek a Judicial Review from the High Court over the disgraceful behaviour of the Police.

You should make a statement and ask that this person is prosecuted to the very fullest extent of the law

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
that does to an extent. Thank you fir your time. Have a good day.
Expert:  Ash replied 7 months ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience