Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

There is currently a legal dispute to be heard in the County

Customer Question

There is currently a legal dispute to be heard in the County Court on the 24th of June 2016. The Claimant's solicitor has sent my employer (I am the defendant) a letter disclosing details about my financial situation and the legal dispute. Is this legal?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. There is absolutely no reason why they should be contacting your employer (unless you potentially work in a regulated profession or your employer is relevant to the claim). This kind of conduct is unlawful harassment and is a criminal offence under S.40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970. I would recommend you report the solicitor to the solicitors regulation authority

https://www.sra.org.uk/

I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks AlexI am a trainee accountant (ACCA student - not fully qualified yet) and work as an Assistant Accountant at my company. The solicitor has written to the Group Financial Director and the CEO embarrassing me and lying about the fact that I have stolen money in a similar manner.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you. Have they made a police complaint? Or is this just a civil dispute?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have reported their claim to the police and the DC has said there is no criminal element to this whatsoever.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you. I would make a complain to the SRA. Does your employer support you?