12826847

I have been accepted on a paramedic course here in the UK

Customer Question

Hello i have been accepted on a paramedic course here in the UK and would like to know if a spent conviction for domestic violence will show on my CRB/DBS check.
It was an unusual case £100 fine even though my wife and mother in law testified on my behalf. This occurred in 2007 and everything rests on my DBS check.
I understand there are different types of checks and i think mine will have to be standard or enhanced. It was a silly argument no violence involved but the passing police car thought otherwise. They were only doing their job but this could have a devastating impact on my career. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

AS you said, there are different types of checks but would you happen to know which type of check they have requested?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they have not said only that a suitable DBS check will be undertaken then presented to the university. Its an NHS hospital so i am thinking that it will be a standard or enhanced for the role of paramedic.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello ?