12826847

I currently work A and am going through the redundancy

Customer Question

I currently work for company A and am going through the redundancy process. This should be concluded by mid-Aug whereupon I will receive a substantial settlement as I have been there 20 years. Company B is a sister company of Company A. They are both limited companies in their own right and have different CEOs and structures etc. Company A deals with the UK, whilst Company B is global. However ultimately they are both owned by the same parent company.
I have been approached by Company B to do some short-term work for them, as a contractor/consultant, after I leave Company A.
My question is - will HMRC allow me to leave company A with a substantial redundancy package, and then go to work for Company B as a contractor almost immediately?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Has company A mentioned anything about working for the 2nd company as part of their redundancy terms?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Has company A mentioned anything about working for the 2nd company as part of their redundancy terms?