Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I am starting to offer online arts consultancy sessions to

Hi I am starting to offer online arts consultancy sessions to artists over Skype.I reside in Mexico but am a British tax paying citizen. I am putting together a simple agreement and need to fill in the following: CHOICE OF LAW/VENUE. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, UK, without giving effect to any principles or conflicts of law. The parties hereto agree to submit any dispute or controversy arising out of or relating to this client agreement to arbitration in England, UK pursuant to the rules of the UK Arbitration Association, which arbitration shall be binding upon the parties and their successors in interest. The prevailing party is entitled to be reimbursed for all reasonable legal fees from the non-prevailing party in order to enforce the provisions of this client agreement.
is this correct?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. This clause as drafted is not correct. Instead it should read "Choice of Law and Venue. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England & Wales. The parties agree to submit any dispute or controversy arising out of, or relating to this client agreement to binding arbitration in England & Wales, pursuant to the rules of the UK Arbitration Association. The costs of the arbitration shall be in the discretion of the arbitrator but subject to the principle that the party prevailing shall have their costs discharged by the losing party."

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. PLease Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.