31090051

Scottish law A new situation has cropped up. My sister has

Scottish law
A new situation has cropped up. My sister has now lied about the large sum of money that I saw in my mother’s house as she claims there was no money. I have to be absolutely sure about the law with regards ***** ***** money and jewellery from the house before an account has been made of the estate. I have been called a liar by my brother who is an executor.
1. As executor can any cash be removed from the house?
2. If yes to the previous, explicitly for what purposes?
3. You stated in one message that money could be a grey area. Is this primarily related to the amount of cash in question? i.e. is there an approximate limit above at which cash is not regarded as part of the content?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

1. The executor should bank any cash found in the house. 2. Cash can be used to settle the funeral or purvey accounts to give an example. The executor should not be using cash for personal purposes. 3. It is a grey area. There is no legal limit above which cash is not regarded as the contents but it would not be regarded if the executor had managed the deceased's affairs and had caused the cash to be there in the first place.