29905560

I had a mercury filling replaced with a porcelain one and

Customer Question

I had a mercury filling replaced with a porcelain one and afterwards this has affected my memory. I believe the root of this is far more complicated and that it was done deliberately
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. How can I hep you with this please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi I believe I have been victimised and this is deliberate

Who do you think is responsible for this and why?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I believe my sister may be involved and various others. It may have so thing to do with my mothers will

How do you think the filling may have actually affected your memory, in what way has that happened?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is much slower whereas before it was sharp and clear now it is a real struggle. I also was trembling a lot to begin with and having difficulty opening the door with my key. I started vomiting a lot and was unable to eat. I lost over a stone in weight. My skin became wrinkled whereas before it was fine for my age
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also it felt as though I was losing my sanity until I went to a kenesiology st and got better
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Kinesiologist

Whilst I do not doubt what you are saying, from a legal perspective this will be extremely hard to pursue. At present you have very limited evidence to back up what you are claiming. You had a filling replaced, it was replaced with a material used commonly in fillings, so nothing untoward, and there is as yet no physical link between that and the side effects you are claiming to have suffered. This is your opinion but legally you would need evidence, more than just an opinion. So you need to find a physical and scientific link between the new filling and the memory issues you have experienced since having that filling. You then also need to fond evidence linking a person with this deliberate ploy and whilst you have suspicions as to who that is, you would need evidence, not just your own opinion. So these will be your biggest stumbling blocks, I just do not see this being an easy matter to take forward at all. Whatever you believe you cannot take it further without the required evidence so you would have to try and obtain that before you even start entertaining the idea of taking any sort of legal action.

I am sorry if this is mot necessarily the answer you were hoping for but I hope you understand that I have a duty to be honest in my advice. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What specifically are the issues? I realise this is unusual but I would have thought the suddenness with which my symptoms occurred surely indicated that the cause was something to do with my treatment. There is a great deal more to this which I cannot explain simply. I need to see someone in private to explain things can you suggest anywhere I can be guaranteed to speak to someone without going through reception where they will simply say that they don't deal with this?

There is absolutely no guarantee that the symptoms are caused by the filling - just because it happened at the same time doe snot mean that t is the cause - it could very much be a coincidence and as you can appreciate that is still a possibility. So unless you have some physical or scientific evidence to link the two, it would be difficult to pursue this further. To be perfectly honest I am not sure who can help you with this. Most solicitors will probably not take this on just based on your interpretation of the situation so in reality you need to see someone who can provide you with the physical evidence to link the filling to what you have experienced. That is more a scientific/medical type of person rather than a legal on. Only then can you consider going down the legal route. Does this clarify?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm not a lawyer I am far more direct I don't know what to say as to me it is straightforward nothing else truly can describe it

as mentioned this is not a legal issue st yet because you simply have zero proof to link the filling to what the symptoms are - just your claim that they are linked but that will in no way be sufficient. So that is why you need the physical/scientific proof first before you can even consider taking this any further

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.