29905560

I have been working as a self employed installer fitted

I have been working as a self employed installer for a fitted bedroom company for over 30 years. The company have now introduced a new payment package where I get paid for each bedroom as a individual contract. If I fail to complete the install in the time allocated through no fault of my own,( ie damage parts or missing parts ) the company will hold back install payments due to me until completed in full. The parts required to finish the install are under no control of mine and may take weeks to obtain. Is it right this payment can be with held, there for holding me to ransom to return in my own time to complete.
I have now been released by the said company because I refused to start an installation because parts were missing there for they were sending me on an installation knowing I could not complete it. I was promptly docked £100 for refusing to go to the install.
I do not get paid any extra to return to jobs to complete even though replacement parts and time frames for the said parts are out of my control.
My question is, is this not bullying tactics and making all installers scapegoats for their incompetence.
Kevin
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. Did they issue you with the required notice period on termination?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no notice period in place
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Did you agree to the changes in the contract when they were introduced?