75100385

I have received a solicitor's letter from a company called

I have received a solicitor's letter from a company called Wright Hassel regarding an unpaid parking fee at my local railway station car park.
On the day in question 29th February, I spent in excess of 10 minutes trying to make the payment via the coin meter on the site, however it would not accept any combination of coins. As I had a l ready missed one train and would be late for a very important meeting, I left a note on the car explaining the situation.
When I got back to the car that evening there was an unpaid penalty fee on the car. I wrote to the company that evening explaining the situation and enclosing a cheque for the parking fee £4.70.
I received no reply. About two months later my partner received a letter from a debt collection agency (ZZPS) pursuing the penalty notice (the car was registered in his name at that time).
I tried to contact them on several occasions without success to discuss the situation.
Wright Hassel have now written to my partner tw
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did they cash your cheque please?
Was it a private parking company fine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,The cheque has not been, cashed nor did I receive a reply to my letter.The car park is run by a private company Indigo Parking, although it was run by another company at the time.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Have you been through their appeals process?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had no reply to my letter. Wright Hassle's representative state that I should take this as confirmation that my appeal was not upheld. However from my perspective the appeal wasn't acknowledged therefore how can it have been rejected?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wright Hassle are taking a very much inflexible approach. Regardless of the fact that their client didn't provide adequate payment facilities.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Do you know who the parking company is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mentioned it in one of my previous responses; Indigo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I mentioned in one of my previous responses, the company is Indigo Parking, although I don't think they were the incumbent in February
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was APOCA parking at the time
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

ok you need to write to Indigo parking make sure you send it recorded and keep a copy. This can be your appeal. If they refuse then you can appeal directly to The Regulator if they are a member.

Otherwise you can refuse to pay and they would need to prove their claim in court. If it's under £10,000 it will be a small claim so can't claim legal costs.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/