13262538

I was married in scotland, i own land in scotland. my

i was married in scotland, i own land in scotland. my estranged husband lives in scotland. i live with my new partner in Teesside - England
i left him 4.5 years ago when i found out he was gay and had been cautioned by the police.
he wont give me access to my house, my yacht - which he know lives on or any of my stuff.
is there a lawyer in the north of england who practices scotish law who can help me with this
K
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i would rather not tarnish his name, as my grown up son, his step son thinks the world of him.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Is there any reason why you do not wish to have a divorce in England?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Morning Clare
we were married in England and i live in England, but i am happy to use either legal system if it gets me out with what is mine
i have an appointment to see a solicitor who does both in Redcar on the 1st of July but as i have paid you i could still do with any advice you have
please
K
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

In six months time you can apply for a divorce based on the fact that you have lived apart for five years and your ex will not be able to fight it.

You can then apply to the court for the financial settlement - and the English Court has more discretion in terms of how assets are divided.

Having said that I believe that the Scottish system is a little more predictable and it may be that that would work better for you and it could be easier to enforce any Order.

In fairness most solicitors in the Border towns are experienced in both jurisdictions

Please ask if you need further details