F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

My mother died leaving no will, there is only a leashold

My mother died leaving no will, there is only a leashold flat in her name.
My sister and I are the only living relatives, and my sister is happy for me to live in the flat.
Do I need a grant of representation to have the flat registerd in my name at the land registry
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Yes you do. You need to apply for the grant of letters of administration. The land registry will not transfer the property unless you have that.

If you look at this website, it will guide you through the process and give you the form you need PA1

https://www.gov.uk/wills-probate-inheritance/overview

Please don’t forget to rate the service positive. It’s an important part of the process by which experts get paid.

Best wishes.

FES.