F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

My wife, her sister and my 5 year old daughter has been

Customer Question

my wife, her sister and my 5 year old daughter has been wrongfully found guilty of fundamentally dishonest on a personal injury claim. car was driven by me, was involve in a non fault accident. there were five passengers, two claim has been settled.my wife and her sister speaks little english and also has very poor understanding of it. as the acting solicitor pulled out last week we could not get anyone to represent us also we hired a make shift translator on the day who had no experience and certainly no quality. my wife froze and was very nervous and did not answer correctly also her sister (she was better than other) our request for adjournment was rejected. we lost a genuine case as no one was there to question and my wife's nervousness. want to appeal. how can you help?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Has this been to the civil court and you lost?

You can only appeal on the grounds that the judge made an error of law or an error of fact. What did the judge get wrong?

You cannot appeal simply because the judge preferred the other side’s version of events rather than yours.

We have the circumstances surrounding the court case and the allegation of fraud and the solicitor pulling out in detail please?