75100385

I have supplied a seemingly happy customer with a beautiful

Customer Question

I have supplied a seemingly happy customer with a beautiful shepherd's hut and they are being extremely slow to pay using terrible excuses. He has now put a very small fence around the hut which I would have to remove in order to take the hut away. Would I be breaking the law? Hut value £4000 and fence perhaps £50.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is,Alex and I will help you.

How many times have you asked please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex. Payment on delivery was agreed (Sat 18th June) but then promised Monday by transfer and now nothing has happened with no reason, as he is retired and has my bank details etc, but I personally smell a rat for reasons I can't explain in legal terms.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Is there any real reason given for non payment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, not a sausage..they saw the hut, finished, before delivery...verbally approved it in all ways and then again after it's placement in their garden. But to be honest they seem a little odd to me, from first meeting them..
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You can't take down the fence, that is criminal damage.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's very clear...thank you very much indeed.Best wishes
David
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/