75100385

If reported to the CPS, what obligation does the reporting

Customer Question

If reported to the CPS for assault, what obligation does the reporting officer have. i.e. does he/she have to inform the accused that the CPS are perusing the case, does this have to be in person or is an email/answer phone message acceptable?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Is the person on bail please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As the question states reported not charged. (therefore not on bail)
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Then no. If a decision has been made to pass to the CPS the accused does not need to be informed, UNLESS there is a decision to take no further action or to charge.

Then would be accused be informed. But then if a decision is made not to pursue or to charge then the person can be told in an email/telephone.

But usually this is followed up in writing.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/