12826847

I am a victim of storical rape as a child. The person was

I am a victim of historical rape as a child. The person was convicted in 2012 and was sentenced to 13 years, he is still serving that sentence, but his name is ***** ***** the register, I can't even find the court records in the archives. I can't even find the news paper article that was printed at that time. Can someone help me?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why isnt his name on the sex offenders register and why does the whole case seem to have been wiped from everywhere? Records should be public and his name does not show on anything.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

The sex offenders register isnt open to the public so it wouldn't be visible to you.

Records are not public.

There are lots of reasons for it. One is that it creates a public order problem.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

The reason the register is confidential is that to make it public would create vigilantism .

It cannot be made public for that reason.

Also, the purpose of the register is not to create shame but to manage risk. That does not happen if it is open to the public.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

There may be an article in the back numbers of the local paper but they are not under a duty to keep back numbers.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Local libraries do sometimes.