75100385

I have been charged with shoplifting and my court date is

Hello, I have been charged with shoplifting and my court date is set to be in July. How can you offer help please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please, I do need to have a live phone call with you. what step do I need to take please?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is the value of the goods and do you have any previous convictions?

Do you admit the offence?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The value is £466.40. No previous conviction and I admitted the offence.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. You are likely to get a conditional discharge or a fine.

A conditional discharge means that if you keep out of trouble for the duration of the discharge then there will be no further action. If you commit another offence during this period then you could be sentenced for this offence and the new offence.

A fine is just what it suggests, a financial penalty. But that's it, I would not worry yourself too much about it.

You may also have to pay the £466.40 if the items were not recovered or cant be resold. There will be Court costs of well which should be fairly low and a victim surcharge if appropriate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much Alex, all the goods were recovered in a sealed condition and they can be resold. However, despite this, I still received a mail from Retail loss prevention stating that I have caused them loss and I must pay £250 and this is different from police action and criminal proceedings. do I need to still make this payment despite that the good were recovered intact. thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Well that is a civil matter between you and them, but once criminal proceedings are concluded I cant see how they can come after you for other sums.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex