75100385

I am owed over 4ooo pounds from a friend who I worked years

I am owed over 4ooo pounds from a friend who I worked for some years ago.Despite repeated requests she has not paid me.I wrote to her last at the beginning of June giving her 14 days to respond, I have received no communication. Please advise . Thank you Angela Percox
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

When you say some years ago, how many years please Angela?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
15 years! this is a problem when it is a friend !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has continually had excuses she did start to pay monthly,200, July, 2009,200, August 2009 and100,February 2010.Payments stopped because she said she had not got a job!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

When was the last payment? Have they confirmed within the last 6 years that they do owe the debt?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Feb 2010, she last put something in writing confirming that she would be setting a direct debit up July 2009, this was never done as she put the 3 cheques through my door. other discussions have all been face to face at my house
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Can they confirm the debt is owed now? Will they do this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has told me her paper work is in her loft and I have all time sheets my possession
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - thats ok then, because under the Limitation Act 1980 you only have 6 years to claim a debt back then it becomes time barred, UNLESS they have admitted the debt in the meantime, which they have here.

You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.