Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I want to ask you the following: i have been since 2012 co

Hi, I want to ask you the following: i have been since 2012 co director of a UK company called Salkeld Investments Limited, here is the link:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05375379
But i have never been sent any audited or unaudited accounts. The other director (he has control over Salkeld) is ***** *****e and he has removed me as codirector last month, as i have found out on the above link.
As a director or codirector I am liable for Salkeld decisions, accounts, etc... from 2012 to 2016 but i have never been informed about payments etc, despite me asking for accounts. Now i have been removed as codirector and i dont want to accept that, can i protest against my removal and insist on being shown accounts of Salkeld Investments Ltd?
Best,
Ajit
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Are you a shareholder of the company?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i am not a shareholder.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you. Without being a shareholder you cannot stop your removal, you are entitled to object to it. Is there a reason you want to see the accounts? Is the company potentially going insolvent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will i be liable for the companies accounts from 2012 to May 2016? If so then i need to see the annual accounts, right?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you. If you did not sign off the accounts and had no influence in them being compiled then any personal liability is extremely unlikely. If the company went insolvent you would have to explain to a liquidator that you were not involved in the management of that company and you would like have to answer a questionnaire. The fact that you did not sign the accounts off and had nothing to do with the company management means you are very unlikely to have any personal liability.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks Alex.