13262538

My husband and I phoned a Double glazing company to have a

Customer Question

Good Morning,
My husband and I phoned a Double glazing company to have a conservatory fitted and we booked an appointment with one of their salesmen. The salesman phoned us 2 hours before our appointment, asking if he could come over straight away, When we told him it was not convenient, his reply was "why, are you not in the house?" and tried to make it look as if we got the appointment time wrong and he was only half an hour early.
My husband said to him that we don't like to do business with people that don't stick to their word and are pushy and cancelled the appointment. At that point, the salesman became abusive at started swearing at my husband, than hung up. He is now threatening us with a £700 invoice for wasting his time and for works we requested him to carry out before attending. We did not sign any documents, nor did we request any drawings and the gentleman has never even seen the property.
Does he have a case against us?
Many thanks for your help.
E.Zino
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

You have no liability for any "invoice" and you should report this man to your local Trading Standards department immediately.

If the firm is connected to one of the trading federations you should also report the firm to them.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your prompt reply, Clare.
You confirmed what I already suspected! The salesman was so aggressive with it that I was beginning to doubt myself!
Many thanks again.
All the best.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome - and if he contacts you again call the police!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am really sorry to trouble you again, last question, I promise!
I was planning to write an email to the actual company he works for, explaining what I explained to you and sending them a screenshot of the (aggressive) text message he sent me, so that I have something in writing and dated for future reference, just in case he decides to invoice us and then to take us to court for not paying the invoice. Should I send the email or is it best to leave it?
Thanks again.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

personally I would leave it - their approach is unprofessional at best