F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

During recent court action we were advised to except a small

During recent court action we were advised to except a small offer of compensation this compensation was covered by a tomlin order we now hold evidence that the defendant concealed evidence ( pre action protocol ) & may have committed contempt of court
the compensation was a small percentage of the original claim
is it possible that a court will overturn the tomlin order & reopen the case
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

If you have compelling new evidence, and it must be compelling new evidence, and you can prove that this was concealed by the defendant, there is no reason why you cannot make an application to court to set the table in order aside and to reopen the matter.

However before doing that, you need to speak to the other side and give them the evidence that you have now acquired and ask them to they want to make another offer before you make an application to set the table in order aside and for the matter to be reheard.

Please don’t forget to rate the service positive. It is an important part of the process by which experts get paid.

Best wishes.

FES.