29905560

I had no baggage days due to easyjet leaving it at Gatwick

Customer Question

I had no baggage for 5 days due to easyjet leaving it at Gatwick they say I'm not entitled to compensation.they told me to claim off my travel insurance which I did for cloths no problem,am I entitled to compensation from easyjet.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Do you know what their booking terms are in relation to baggage? If so, please can you briefly outline this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I dont where can I find it Internet?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK not to worry, please leave it with me. I am in court today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I put email address in it says it's invalid so what next ***@******.*** !
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello sorry there were some technical issues earlier so I could not reply sooner but all seems resolved now so I will continue with my response to your situation.

When you purchased a ticket from Easyjet to travel with them you would have also agreed to their terms and condition which you would have been able to check on their website prior to booking.

These terms specifically state the following:

“17.2.3 If Your Baggage is delayed for more than 24 hours on an outbound Flight, You can spend a reasonable amount (up to £25 per day per person) on essential items, for a maximum of three days.”

So this is all that you would be covered for and it would need to be evidenced by receipts that you had to purchase these items. Also note that they must be ‘essential items’ so you cannot go and buy things that were not essential to you at the time.

I assume that you managed to get your bag back after the 5 days so if that is the case then you would not have suffered any other losses, like losing the contents of the baggage. You will not be compensated for the actual inconvenience of not having your bag and all you can get back is the costs of the essential items up to the specified limit of £25 per day for up to three days (making a maximum of £75 for a delayed bag). If they did lose your bag permanently then you would be able to claim further compensation for your losses.

This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the rights you have should the baggage have been lost permanently, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there is no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

My response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question and whether you need me to continue with the further detail as promised? I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page and then I can continue. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.