12826847

I took out an advertisement with yell.com business last

Customer Question

I took out an advertisement with yell.com for my business last September. It was taken out via a sales call. I was told 'hundreds' of people were searching in my area for the products i supply (video games) and i could expect dozens of calls a week. I was told it was great value for money advertising.
The results did not stand up to these claims. I received just 85 calls from Sept 15 until May 16 (Data taken from yell.com's own website). Also, most of the calls i received were spam from other companies trying to sell me their services.
I closed the shop in May as it was just operating at a loss.
I have contacted yell.com and told them I have left the shop and also I was unhappy with the service I was provided. I stated that it did not live up to the claims the salesperson made when i signed up.
I have cancelled the direct debit and they are now making all kinds of threats. I have sent two emails outline my complaint. I have also asked them to refund all subscription charges I have paid them as I feel they have misrepresented themselves.
I each email response they ignore my complaint and just repeat there demand for payment and to reinstate the direct debit.
I have so far paid them approx £420 which works out around £4.20 per call I received as a result of their service. This does not seem good value to me and the 85 calls i have received is far below what i was led to believe.
Where do I stand?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Please can you tell me what their cancellation terms are? Also, did you receive anything in writing with regards ***** ***** 'promise' in relation to the number of calls you would receive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not receive anything in writing regards ***** ***** 'promise'. I am unsure of their cancellation terms at the moment. I've asked for them but they are yet to give me a copy. I have tried searching online but as they offer various services, I am unsure which applies to me.I am wondering if I can argue i have been misold the product under the misrepresentation act? And do I have a legal right to request a copy of the sales call under data protection act?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you in a short while. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your questions to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.