75100385

I have left the UAE in an emergency lost my job home and

I have left the UAE in an emergency lost my job home and income our company has been liquidated as the owner passed away suddenly , all his assets have been frozen and we could not pay staff myself included. The courts money to fight a case in Dubai and with no income, visa cancelled I had no option but to return home to the UK..
I do have debts but can not do anything at the moment I have no money or job , a collection agency \ in the uk and they say they are acting on behalf of the bank .
1. Can this agency enforce a court order in the uk against me on behalf of the bank?
2. How do I stop them harassing me? I really need to sort out my life and the worry is killing me .
3.Is it true there is a treaty between the UK and UAE for enforcement of debt payment
4.Debt in the UAE is a criminal offence and you end up in prison ,the collection agency they said they ensure they publish my details?please get back to me asp I need to know.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nicola I will wait but I really need clarification and straight answers an I got 2 conflicting answers and and I stressed and confused !
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do the terms of the debts say they can be enforced in then UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it does not state that .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the debt teens dies not say that the terms can be enforced in the UK .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies , predicted text , no the terms do not state that the debt can be enforced in the UK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it have to specifically say UK ? To be enforced or dies the debt need I be sold so the laws in the UK apply ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Btw the terms are 12 years old so not sure if there are any new terms
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok. If it does not say it's governed by uk law or it can be enforced here I would not worry.

That is because the UAE can not be enforced in the uk. So no the U.K. Agency can not enforce a court order from UAE.

I would just ignore everything, they is No treaty between the UAE and uk.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
kindly Alex the agency is referring to a memorandum treaty between the UK and UAE ? Have you heard of such a memorandum ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

There is nothing binding in law whatsoever.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex for all your help . I shall stay intouch and keep you posted should there be any updates. Right now my full focus and energy should go into finding a job and place to live and looking after my daughter and getting my life together . Thank you once again
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience