12826847

My bank has opened duplicate loan account number in my name

Customer Question

My bank has opened duplicate loan account number in my name I had no knowledge of this till I made a ppi claim and there were 9 account numbers. They sent me the paperwork for only 3 and one wasn't my signature they are investigating but what amount of compensation should I settle for
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

For now please let me know what loss you have suffered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I went to get a settlement figure on my loan in nov 2009 to be told the loan account didn't exists they told me my branch would call me then on dec 2009 they called said there had been a problem and drew up manual new papers I signed in December the direct debit continued. I then went and paid it off in 2010 in August.
I decided to put a ppi claim in and they upheld it but as a result of this they had to list all the loans and there were 9 of which I actually only had money on 3 occasion with refinancing but they had no paperwork to back it up they also had paperwork that wasn't my signature they have passed it onto internal fraud but I know they won't want me to go to the Fca but I'd like to know what compensation I should be looking at
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes I understand, but what is your loss?

If they accept it was duplicated, didnt they just close it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they have opened false accounts for what looks like dale figures and I have no knowledge if the Loan I paid off was correct as they didn't pay it of for 3 months after I paid it off. My loss is 9 accounts showing against me my direct debit details being changed without my knowledges and potential credit worthiness
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Spelling error sales figures
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - so what loss did you suffer?
Were you rejected for any credit as a direct result of this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They didn't close the accounts I never applied for credit it's fine listen just leave it.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Has your credit file now been rectified?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I presume this is now closed now
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If you want to yes, but please dont respond, otherwise the system thinks you need an answer. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What a waste of money
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I can still assist, but you ask that the question was closed. I can still help and would be delighted to do so.

But I need to ask questions before I can give you the legal answer. Alex